Energy is one sector that requires considerable attention in a developing country such as India. It not only plays an important role in the economic development of the country, but is also a major factor in the improvement of the overall human condition. While resources such as petroleum oil, natural gas, coal, etc. remain limited, their world-wide consumption has increased exponentially. Developing countries have been identified to be the most prominent consumers of primary energy sources with the demand increasing by 70%.
According to research, it has been found that more than 1% growth in energy is needed to substantiate a 1% growth in the Indian economy. As rapid modernization has been fuelling growth in the Energy sector, the Indian Power Ministry has also been keeping pace with the introduction of projects such as the APDRP scheme. The project entails micro-measuring each unit of power across the network, allowing for real-time information and control, along with devising mechanisms to control the theft and misuse of power.
With such ambitious projects having been rolled out by the Ministry, ODA has been inspired to be a part of this transformation. With the aim to help our clients in the sector with next generation technologies, ODA's suite of resources equips you with:
- Improved power quality
- Efficient load management
- Observing real-time flows
- Load profiling and demand forecasting capabilities
- Better outage detection and isolation management
- Reduced losses
ODA's resource pool:
- Entire spectrum of electric utility Business Process Automation System (BPAS) implementation, inclusive of SAP-ISU resources
- Automated Metering Infrastructure (AMI), inclusive of requisite know-how on handling multiple meter types such as Elster, Pulse, Static, etc., with message throughputs exceeding 10,000 msgs/sec.
- Meter Data Management (MDM) wherein missing meter data is corrected/correlated along with feed data from various sources is collected onto a single platform for input into the billing system
- Base System Software that provides download capabilities of meter data from hand-held devices along with efficient billing and reporting.
- Emergency Demand Response System (EDRS) with Jrules engine for BRMS providing almost real-time energy audit of smart meter live data.